well, almost. our neighborhood had it’s first farmer’s market today – it was small, but pretty good. I got some killer lotion (I love lotion, and as people who read this know…so does teah).
Anyway – we got some awesome veggies, and yesterday we had gone to sams, and got some pecan sausage. put all of that together, and you get the following.
and now for the carrot cake
So… we had a thought about a project. The thought turned to reality when gb’s company, decided to take up landscape pavers around the company. You see, their company is OCD about safety, and pavers and high heels are not ‘safe’. So they were just letting people take them, so we got some. awesome, right? Well, it was until we didn’t have enough, and a month went by with no more pavers. they were supposed to be taking up other areas, but half done projects kind of make you crazy. a whole month went by..a month!! So friday, we took matters into our own hands. We went down to the rock store…and bought a pallet of pavers, 10 bags of crushed granite and 2 bags of polymeric sand.
Now, before it was delivered (and that was around 5…we had some work to do. We had to TAKE UP all the previous work we had done with the pavers, and begin preparing the back pathway we had planned to do. This means…digging up grass. ugh! For every piece of grass that gb dug up, i had to haul over to the other side of the yard and place against the fence as added rabbit prevention. Then we had to lay down said NEW path with the old pavers. We did it though…and were quite proud of ourselves.
So saturday, the paver project began again. Wheelbarrow load after load…(yes, that would be my job) hauled to the backyard while diane and gb tried to figure out the pattern for the new pavers. they got about halfway and got really really confused. it wasn’t happening. we even made paper templates. Coming from someone who used to quilt, i found this very frustrating. So i got back on the internet, found another pattern and OFF we went. You know that means..taking up the pavers once AGAIN! the new pattern went together much quicker though – and we were done in about 2 hours.